Class A Tractor Trailer Driver
Class A CDL drivers are wanted to drive weekly routes in the Lafayette area, Tippecanoe County, and the surrounding counties. Keep your neighborhood clean and make a positive impact in your community each week as you serve your neighbors with an essential service.
You’ll receive the training and company support to ensure you complete your work successfully and return home safety each day. Become a local Lafayette area Class A truck driver.
• Consistent Full-time Job (Not a seasonal service)
• Hourly with Paid Vacation
• Health, Vision, Dental coverage
• Matching 401K
• Voluntary Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment available
• Short-Term Disability and Accident Insurance is available
• Paid Time Off for Vacations and Holidays
• Pay Based on Experience
• Home Nights and Weekends
• We’re a Local Company that Values Family and the Community
• Class A CDL Required
Trash Kans is looking for a Class A Tractor Trailer Driver to support our Tippecanoe County, Indiana operations. Our semi drivers are responsible for safely operating a heavy commercial semi and transporting waste material from our transfer station in Tippecanoe, Indiana to local landfills.
At Trash Kans, we exist to maintain clean and healthy communities for generations. Our professional team accomplishes this by serving our neighbors with environmental and waste services with honesty and integrity. Our dedicated employees have competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends. We’re honored you are considering joining our team!
We provide commercial and residential garbage service for the Lafayette, Indiana area beyond. Trash Kans is a local garbage company and we take pride in supporting our neighbors during their clean-up projects and with weekly garbage service. In addition to the Tippecanoe area, we also serve customers in the surrounding counties of Benton, Boone, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Hendricks, Howard, Montgomery, Warren and White.
Key Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in safe and efficient manner.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip truck inspections.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service issues to manager or dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings.
- Notifies manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Communicates with dispatch co-workers.
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Follows route assignments as directed.
- Ensures load is secure and covered during transportation.
- Performs all duties as scheduled and assist other drivers.
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Competencies
- 1-year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL
- Current Class A Commercial Driver’s License with an air brake endorsement
- Minimum age requirement 21 years of age
- Acceptable driving record
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and motor vehicle record view
- Good customer services skills, acts with integrity and professionalism toward customers and co-workers
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and Company’s safety standards
Please fill out the short form below and we’ll get back to you soon. Please also attach a short resume that includes your work history and training.
To maintain our dedication to service and for the safety of our community, we are passionate about hiring safe and responsible drivers. Later in the hiring process, we have the following pre-employment requirements: Physical & Drug Screen, Background Check, Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
For more details, please call 765-447-9000 or email email@example.com.